EBC 502HM – MILITARY HELICOPTER EMERGENCY LOCATOR TRANSMITTER
Cabin mounted ELT with 720 degree spherical automatic activation. Has an integral antenna. Painted flat black for night vision goggle compatibility. Transmits on 121.5 and 243.0MHz. Meets TS0-C91a.
The EBC 502HM is a modified version of the EBC 502H. This ELT has been enhanced to survive the special conditions faced by the military. The antenna has been “beefed up” for increased survivability. A shorting plug has been added to disable the automatic activation feature during maintenance. The ELT is painted with a flat black, non-infrared reflective finish so that the unit is compatible with night vision equipment.
This ELT uses our proven omnidirectional activation system. This system uses 2 omnidirectional switches mounted perpendicularly to
each other. Since each senses impact in 360˚ the total coverage is a true 360˚ multiaxis activation switch. The switches are connected to a timing circuit so that only a crash, not a hard landing or vibration, will activate the unit. False alarms are therefore eliminated.
- Flat Black non-infrared reflective finish, aluminum case, night vision compatible.
- Size: 2.5″W x 2″D x 8.5″H
- Weight: 2.75 lbs. with battery pack installed
- Flexible non-telescoping antenna extends 19″ above transmitter body
- Intended for installation in cockpit or cabin area
- Recessed 3 position toggle switch
- 2 year parts and labor warranty
- Comes complete with mounting bracket, battery pack and aural monitor
- Uses one GS-52 alkaline battery pack
- FAA TSO-C91a Approved
- Shorting Plug on lanyard to disable G-switch
- Audible Monitor alert when activated
- Night Vision compatible
- True 360˚ spherical G-Switch horizontally and vertically
||Satellite: 1200+ miles
||Search Aircraft: Line of Sight
||120 hours or more @ 21˚C
||-20˚C to +55˚C
||Both 121.5 MHz and 243.0 MHz
||Withstands up to 1000 Gs
||Complete submersion in salt water up to 24 hrs.
||Swept tone 1600 Hz to 300 Hz, 2-4 times per second
||50mW PERP after 50 hours @ -20˚C