EBC 302V – Communication Emergency Locator Transmitter with Voice Transmit Capability
ELT with voice transmission capability. It is mounted in the cabin or cockpit, has an integral antenna and transmits the emergency signal and voice on 121.5 & 243.0MHz.
“Smart beacon” has a 360° omnidirectional accelerometer rather than a single-axis G switch. The EBC 302V can, therefore, tell the difference between being dropped, a hard landing, or an actual crash.
If a crash does occur, the EBC 302V automatically transmits a distress signal simultaneously on both the civilian and military international emergency frequencies. Operating the toggle switch at the top of the unit allows for manual operation or pre-flight testing of power output, modulation and battery strength. Like all EBC ELTs, it is designed to stay with the pilot. It incorporates a permanently attached, integral, unbreakable antenna, a nylon lanyard to enhance its portability and is mounted in a quick-release bracket in the cabin within easy reach of the pilot. In case of emergency, if you leave your aircraft, your EBC ELT can go with you.
Talking to rescue aircraft can be of vital importance. In a crash the ability to report injuries, request medical assistance, and give a location, may reduce the time factor in receiving help. The EBC 302V allows you to talk on both emergency frequencies, 121.5 and 243.0 MHz by just plugging in your standard aircraft microphone.
NOTE: This model can be special ordered with a U-174/U 4-conductor jack. The special unit has a “Push-To-Talk” button built in. It is identified by the suffix “J” in its model number.
The EBC 302V met or exceeded the requirements of FAA TSO-C91 and are FCC Type Accepted under Part 87.
- Solid state circuitry is encapsulated for complete waterproofing and shock resistance
- Comes complete with hand-hold lanyard, mounting bracket and batteries
- Built-in test light for checking power output, modulation and batteries
- Easily installed – no external antenna or cabling required
- Fire resistant
- Has built-in integral antenna
- Intended for installation in cockpit or cabin area
- Recessed 3-position toggle switch
- 2-year parts and labor warranty
- Comes complete with mounting bracket, battery packs
- Uses two GS-21 alkaline battery packs
- Has voice transmit capability
- Size: 2.5″W x 2″D x 6.5″H
- Weight: 1.9 lbs. with battery pack installed
- Case: Aluminum
- Finish: Yellow Baked Enamel
- Antenna: Flexible non-telescoping antenna extends 19″ above top of case
||Satellite: 1200+ miles
||Search Aircraft: Line of Sight
||120 hours or more @ 21˚C
||-20˚C to +55˚C
||Both 121.5 MHz and 243.0 MHz
||Withstands up to 1000 Gs
||Complete submersion in salt water up to 24 hrs.
||Swept tone 1600 Hz to 300 Hz, 2-4 times per second
||75 mW PERP after 48 hours @ -20˚C
* Meets room temp. specs. after exposure