EBC 302HM – MILITARY HELICOPTER EMERGENCY LOCATOR TRANSMITTER
ELT with 720 degree spherical automatic activation for military helicopter use. Has ruggedized construction and is painted flat black for night vision goggle compatibility. Transmits on 121.5 & 243.0MHz.
Years of field experience by our pilot engineers have led to the development of the EBC 302HM series, ELTs especially adapted for the military. Our engineers used the EBC 302H design with its unique 360° spherical 6-axis G Switch system as the basis for these ruggedized military models. The EBC 302HM incorporates a flat black, non-infrared reflective finish which allows cockpit mounting even when night vision goggles are in use. The antenna assembly has been strengthened beyond what is normally required for civil aircraft so as to provide increased military survivability. Since military equipment is subjected to continuous periodic maintenance and handling while on the ground, false alarms due to handling can be very troublesome. To address this problem the EBC 302HM incorporates a shorting plug attached to the lanyard which disables the crash force sensor when inserted into the disabling jacks. Thus, maintenance can be performed without any worry of accidentally activating the ELT. The EBC 302HM is also ideally suited for all military fixed wing aircraft thereby providing the military with a single universal unit designed for their special needs.
The EBC 302HM is FCC Type Accepted under part 87.
- Flat Black non-infrared reflective finish, aluminum case, night vision compatible
- Flexible non-telescoping antenna extends 19″ above transmitter body
- Size 2.5″W x 2″D x 6.5″H
- Weight: 1.9 lbs.
- Intended for installation in cockpit or cabin area
- Recessed 3 position toggle switch
- 2 year parts and labor warranty
- Comes complete with mounting bracket, battery pack
- Uses two GS-21 battery packs
- Shorting plug on lanyard to disable G-switch
- True 360° spherical G switch – horizontally and vertically
- Airworthiness Release given by Department of the Army
|Range – Satellite:
|Range – Search Aircraft:
||Line of Sight
||200 hours or more @ 21°C
||-20°C to +55°C
||Both 121.5 MHz and 243.0 MHz
||Withstands up to 1000 Gs
||Complete submersion in salt water up to 24 hrs.
||Swept tone 1600 Hz to 300 Hz, 2-4 times per second
||75 mW PERP after 48 hours @ -20°C