EBC 302H – AUTOMATIC HELICOPTER EMERGENCY LOCATOR TRANSMITTER
ELT with 720 degree automatic activation for helicopter use. Is mounted in the cabin and has an integral antenna. Transmits on 121.5 & 243.0MHz.
Helicopters occupy their own special niche within the aviation community. The 302H was the first ELT developed in recognition of the fact that a helicopter crash is dynamically different from a fixed wing crash. To our already field proven EBC 302 with its history of reliability and successful operation, we added a second 360˚ azimuthal accelerometer to create a true 360˚ spherical 6-axis G-switch. The EBC 302H will respond to a crash force from any direction – Up, Down, Left, Right, Front, Back. Only Emergency Beacon Corporation, dedicated solely to search and rescue products, has designed such a practical unit.
The EBC 302H has been engineered for helicopter operation by reducing the sensitivity to low-frequency turbine vibration and rotor input, thus making this ELT more immune to false activation while retaining a high sensitivity in actual crash situations.
If helicopters are your concern, insist on the ELT designed for your special needs – the EBC 302H, the Helicopter Emergency Locator Transmitter.
The EBC 302H is FCC Type Accepted under Part 87.
- Intended for installation in cockpit or cabin area
- Recessed 3-position toggle switch
- 2 year parts and labor warranty
- Comes complete with mounting bracket, battery pack
- Uses two GS-21 battery packs
- True 360˚ spherical G-switch
- Yellow baked enamel aluminum case
- Flexible non-telescoping antenna extends 19″ above transmitter body
- Size: 2.5″W x 2″D x 6.5″H
- Weight: 1.8 lbs. with battery pack installed
||Satellite: 1200+ miles
|Range – Search Aircraft:
||Line of Sight
||200 hours or more @ 21°C
||-20°C to +55°C
||Both 121.5 MHz and 243.0 MHz
||Withstands up to 1000 Gs
||Complete submersion in salt water up to 24 hrs.
||Swept tone 1600 Hz to 300 Hz, 2-4 times per second
||75 mW PERP after 48 hours @ -20°C